Wednesday 11 November 2020

2020! Wow what a year so far!

 Hi everyone, 

Well today I have decided to do an update on all things of the CRAZYNESS of 2020.

not too sure why but here goes.

This year as for many has truly been a rollercoaster, 

With being Furloughed, then my contract terminating, to having a second Hernia surgery in July and only just getting back to full strength when everything closes down again. My partner being a way for the majority of the year due to being an essential worker in other country's. And recently loosing my Gran to Dementia.

As for many this roller-coaster has taken its toll on me, both mentally and physically.

I as always have been trying to eat well and healthily with my food, but due to the surgery and gym closures I struggled with the exercise to maintain my weight, only now nearly 6 months on am i back to "pre op fitness". Which is something I struggle with. As i like to "zone out" and get on with a long dog walk or even a run with my tunes on. 

As well as the lack of focus and structure to my days its just all been merging into one.

Recently from my counselling sessions I have found a little more clarity, in the form of a tick list, meaning I am making time to have the bubble bath at 1pm just because I can, but also get out and walk the dog and have the exercise I need.

This week my main goal has been Christmas, I have gotten quite organised, some presents are here and wrapped, and others are in a wish list awaiting payday. I find that getting organised and planning really does help.

Im just waiting now to see what Boris says about reopening on 2nd Dec, and what Christmas is going to look like this year for myself and my family .

Hope your keeping well, and fingers crossed I get the urge to post again soon.



Nicola  x




No comments:

Post a Comment