Saturday 22 March 2014

Sensationail : At Home Gel Manicure

Sensationail : At Home Gel Manicure

Last year I was very lucky to receive as a gift the Sensationail at home gel manicure system. I have been a lover of nail polish for a long time but never liked that due to my job my nails chip very quickly. I feel like to keep my polish looking perfect i needed to apply it daily. Even buying more expensive brands and taking time over proper preparation, top coats and base coats did not work for me.
I looked into having gels done at my local beauty salon as I was amazed at the 14 day wear tag. However I was put off by the £25 price tag.

In the summer last year the sensationail items were reduced in my local Asda and while out shopping and seeing this I mentioned it to a family member of how good the price was. 
Next thing I knew it had been purchased for me (very lucky I know). The set I got was the Pink chiffon set including the lamp. 



To be honest I am not the biggest fan of the bright pink colour but it was a great taster for the range and for me to realise that I did get a good 10 days wear before the sids started lifting.
Next time I was in Asda the polish’s were reduced to £5 therefore it was prime time to get more colours. I purchased Taupe Tulips, the Pink French Manicure, and Mauve Mauven.
The starter kit has everything in if for 10 manicures, I know i have not been using the pink colour for every manicure, but the rest of the kits bottles are still going strong and I am on about manicure 15.

I don't like the french manicure, I cannot get along with the stickers for creating the smile line. I really feel like I need another pair of hands, and I don't have that available.  But I do Love the Taupe Tulips colour, it is the perfect nude and does not give me mannequin hands.



 It is a great colour that will go with everything for the 10ish days of wear. Mauve Mauven is a great muted bright raspberry. 



I do love the system and it is like a full on usual at home manicure. It takes me about 30 minutes and that is taking my time. 
You simply, shape the nails, push back the cuticles, buff off the shine, wipe off with an alcohol wipe, primer, base coat, colour coat, top coat, wipe again = done.
In the middle of the stages you put your nails under the lamp for either 30 seconds or 60 seconds depending on the stage. (the lamp give you a handy beep to tell you when done)

One thing I have learnt from using the system is not to get the products on the skin, i.e cuticle or the side of the nail. firstly when it goes under the lamp the product goes solid and it is hard to remove post curing, secondly if you get it on there this is the place you are likely to catch and this is where the lifting will appear first.

I do love the products, and I would like to get more colours for my collection. I do prefer the more muted colours from the range, as I have currently stuck to the beige, pinks and browns. I wish I could be more adventurous with the brighter colours.

Sensationail have just brought out a secondary line called Fuze, this is aimed i think at a slightly different audience. Everything is in the one bottle, so one coat and you put the finger under the light and you are done. But I think the wear time on this range is up to 1 week. Therefore on me with my hands on job I think this may only be about 3-4 days. I would be happy to try this range if I see it on offer. It would be a good alternative for if I don't have 30 minutes to spare. Also I think the colour are brighter and may be a good alternative for spring / summer.

Overall, I would recommend the Sensationail range. If you can paint your nails and you want hard wearing and long lasting nail colour without the salon price tag I would say give this a try.

At the time of writing this post there is an offer at Boots for a Mother day promotion to get the kit including lamp at a reduced price. This give you everything yo need to get started for 10 manicures. Why not buy one for a loved one or for yourself. 

I would suggest waiting for an offer to come up, as there are quite often discounts on Sensationail’s direct website or in boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment