Friday 27 June 2014

I am going to get muddy for charity!

Get Muddy for Charity:
Well I never thought I would be saying this but I am running a 5k race and then to top it all off it ends with a muddy assault course.
Well anyone that knows me I am not the messiest of people. I don't mind hard work and exercise but mud is not my cup of tea.

However it is for a vey good cause and I have now registered and shall not be going back.
One the 14th of September I shall be running round a local country park (Clumber park) for Cancer Research. 
I am going to start my training on the 14th of July. As I do want to run the race.



I am going to be doing this as part of a team of 10 with others from my work and some people will be walking, but a few of us are competitive and shall be running.
To say I am not very fit at present would be true, I am aiming currently to complete this within 20-30 minutes.

Last weekend I went and bought my clothing, as due to the nature of the run and the muddiness I wanted some good off road running shoes that I would not be too precious about getting ruined. I also wanted to get them now so I have them ready to break in and train in. Also due to now losing quite a lot of weight my old gym clothes were falling off me. I didn't think it would be the best look me on a treadmill and my trousers around my knees.Therefore I now feel I have the equipment to complete the job.


Mentally I am ready, This is a charity very close to my heart and I am proud to be taking part to raise money and awareness. I just hope now I can get some sponsorship in as this will be well outside of my comfort zone. 
An actual challenge!



I shall post a few updates along the way of how the training is going and how the fundraising is too.

incase you did want to sponsor me the details are below:

Online Donations: 
https://www.justgiving.com/melody-maison-girls

Text Donations
Text the word melo94  £(amount) to 70070 


Speak soon
Nicola x 


No comments:

Post a Comment