Thursday 3 July 2014

New things: New Car


Over the last few months I have been looking into selling our second car and upgrading it. In theory there was nothing much wrong with the old car, It was getting on in years and a few things were niggling us about it. Therefore I thought time to look into changing it.

I have had bad experiences with cars and dealerships in the past. As I am the buyer and the name the finance goes in etc. I want to be the one the dealerships speak to when going to test drive etc. Usually the dealers wont speak to me and only speak to my husband. This annoys me very much. Another annoyance is that the dealers think they know what I want as soon as I go in. No I may not want the top of the range sports model car, but I may not want pink and shiny either.

I went to a number of local dealers, some of which were your usual salesey car garage, asking too many questions, taking way too long and not letting you even sit in a car.

Then I found Toyota, well this was a different experience altogether. I called on Friday and asked what the opening times were for sat to test drive the car. As my husband worked until late in an evening this would not be suitable. I was trying to rearrange a date that was suitable and was drawing a blank. The helpful sales may said no problem, can you pick the car up on sat afternoon and  then bring it back on the sunday. That way you can both drive the car and see what you think. This was a great idea. On the saturday I went to pick the keys up, I was literally 10 minutes signed 1 piece of paperwork got shown the car and off I went. Me and hubby drove the car and made a few decisions. The next day I went back to drop off the car, getting ready for a million questions and salesy pushy tactics. 

This was not the case, I simply sat down, he asked if we liked the car, and he showed me a few pre worked out figures on a new and nearly new car. He asked what I thought and off we went. I was very happy with all of the figures and decided to go ahead there and then.



This was when the fun began, I had been telling my husband we could not afford a new car right now and that now we had made the choice I would save some funds and buy in a few months. We I can say now this was a lie, I knew the maths and I was pretty sure before taking the car back that the deal was possible. This is when the suggestion was made to pick up the car on the very next day. This was a good plan, and helped with the surprise element. However caused me a problem, the car being part exchanged was the car my hubby takes to work. I arranged to collect him from work, so no problem.  I even got a bunch of flowers from the dealership to say thank you for the order.



To cut a long story short, I am now the happy owner of a Toyota Yaris Hybrid. My hubby had a very nice 5th anniversary present.

I will be completing a post of all about the car as I know a few people have asked for it. But as I have driven the car twice since it ws purchased, I think I need to know more about it, before I write it up.

Speak soon


Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment