Thursday 9 August 2018

Life updates, Why have I been so quiet? Whats Been going on?

Hi all,

Well, I'm back after a very long time away, There has been a lot going on here in the last 6 months and I simply feel like I haven't had time to sit and write.

I have a new job
I have had Hernia Surgery
I have got hair extensions
I have a new car

I now work for the national trust in the catering team at Clumber Park. I LOVE it! I feel like I finally belong, and have found a job I love to go to and get up in a morning and look forward to it. Yes, I have taken a pay drop and had to rearrange and reassess my spending. But its well worth it for actually feeling and being truly happy. My family have all commented on how I seem genuinely settled and happy.



I around easter found a lump in my stomach that was very painful, which ended up being a "paraumbilical hernia". I was signed off work and was operated on within 3 weeks. It was a painful recovery, and now 4 months on I am still not 100% strong in my core and stomach, but it has made me concentrate on eating well, and gentler forms of exercise and the process of building back up.



My hair never grows, and if you have been here for a while I have documented this. I have tried biotin and millions of different products. So finally I have taken the plunge and got tape in extensions, (I am now on my second install). They have lasted me about 8 weeks before needing to come out and be retaped and reinstalled. I have been truly amazed at how much my hair is growing while I have them in. I think its a mixture of the extra heat on my head and the sulphate etc free shampoo I am using to maintain them. I know it is growing as I am needing my roots doing every 8 weeks, and I can usually manage 12 weeks. I think they will be installed 2 more times and then my hair should have grown to my desired length.


I had a big life change last year when my sister died, and one thing I have learnt is that life is true too short and if you want something go out and do it. Well, I have always wanted a convertible "Sunday car". And I worked hard and saved hard and thankfully I went and bought it just before the summer weather started. I have been very thankful and happy to be driving around with the top down and tunes on over the last few weeks. Whenever I have felt low this has been a sure way to very quickly pick me up.









No comments:

Post a Comment