Sunday 24 August 2014

Yorkshire Wildlife Park: Part 2

Yorkshire Wildlife Park: Part 2

This week I went to one of the Safari Nights. This is where the park is open until around 9pm at night. With added entertainment and the animals are more active as the day get cooler and some of them get fed. I went with family, as it was straight from work we went via the Safari Cafe for my tea. As per my last blog the food was fresh and lovely. As it was a busier day it did take a little longer to arrive but this was to be expected.

As I was with adults this time, we could be more selective of which animals we went to see. As this was a special event day the park was busier than usual, and due to going after work and after food we didn't reach any animals until about 6:30pm.

We went to see the very active Lemurs.




My good friends the River Hogs “Bella & Buster”



The Tigers:



Since my visit last week the wildlife park have had their newest arrival of Victor the Polar bear. It was lovely to see the new part of the park. As well as the vast space for him. Sadly as Victor was still getting used to his new home and his new routine he was sat by the door to the exit of his enclosure. It was very obvious he was tired and was sat waiting to go to bed. From what I could see he was a lot bigger than I had expected and very handsome. I shall go back and see him again when he has settled in more.







After the animals on the park there were a number of street entertainers out and about, I had seen a magician, brass band and singing group. Before the main entertainment of the night a Take That tribute band (different acts on different nights) followed by bang less fireworks.
I was very happy with the bang less fireworks. I really don't like usual fireworks and I can highly recommend going to see these. I understand due to the animals why they are at the park. But it makes me think why cant all fireworks be quiet like this.



Another great trip to the wildlife park, however this was a shorter visit than usual. It was still very enjoyable.

Speak Soon


Nic x

No comments:

Post a Comment