Wednesday 27 August 2014

Tesla Model S Test Drive:

Tesla Model S Test Drive:

This week I was very lucky to have been invited to test drive one of these 100% electric luxury cars. I was very excited before hand and priced up my dream car specification on their website. 

On arrival we located the 2 cars plugged in to the EV charging points . (luckily we didn't need to charge Zoe).




After locating the Tesla staff and signing a waiver to drive the car we were shown around the cars. I was shocked at how much bigger it was than I had imagined. Also the boot was very big. This would easily have fit a few large suitcases. Also due to their being no engine there is a Frunk (Front Trunk) Again this had lots of space for shopping. I know its probably a gadgety thing, but I like how the door handles are built into the car doors, and on approach they slide out and appear. 





Then it was time to get inside. After fiddling with the many buttons and lining up my chair off we went. Inside of the car was very similarly styled to a Mercedes with a on steering wheel leaver for Park, Drive etc. One big difference was the 12” tablet screen in the middle of the dashboard. This was the source for navigation, heating, media, and driving modes. Also I liked the different personalised profiles that remembers your settings and adjusts your seat, mirrors and steering wheel on your arrival to the car. This was great for me as I'm 5ft2 and my husband is over 6ft tall. Therefore we both sit very differently in the car. At the touch of a button the vehicle changes around you for you.

Off to driving, The steering was on standard and was still very responsive. The drive was very similar to the feel of Zoe, Smooth and exciting. There are many settings for the driving style, during the test drive they kept this set on standard, there was the comfort setting and sports. I really wanted to see the difference but sadly not this time.
The car is larger than I am used to, as this was quite a large family car. However it didn't feel to big, I liked the reversing camera and sensors to help with parking.

I also asked about the speaker system, to which the model we were in had 12 speakers and inbuilt subwoofer. Supported and designed by dolby surround sound. I can safely say the system sounded very good. 

The Teslas charge from virtually anything, They can use the in house 3 pin plug. Beware this takes many hours. The type 2 connectors and the supercharger points which charge the mega miles in just 20 minutes. 




I do love Tesla as a brand and how the cars are handmade and have been passionately developed to be in my opinion the leaders with EV’s. I am glad to see that they are starting to arrive in the UK. I can safely say I really liked the car, I did go online and price up my ideal car I came out at £67,330. Therefore I think this is something I need to save up lots for and will be my one day car. 

To round up, the car is exciting, luxury, and EV market leading. I cannot wait to see how over the next couple of years how the brand keep themselves a step ahead of the market. And hopefully a smaller more affordable car within the range. 

Speak Soon


Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment