Thursday 4 September 2014

August Favourites:

August Favourites:

I cannot believe that it is September already! why is it that as you get older time speeds up? This month there have been a few things that I have enjoyed and though I would share them.

Seeing Family: 
I think in September I have seen more of my family than any other month of the year. Weather it was just a sunday lunch at my brothers, A family BBQ for my uncles birthday or a trip to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park with younger family. I do really like to spend time with my family. Some people are further away or work opposite hours to me. Making it even more special when you get time to catch up. Also this week has melted my heart for seeing the images of nieces and nephews starting their new school years. Wether for my youngest niece, full time school, my middle niece secondary school, and my oldest niece college.



Potato Waffles: 
Need I say more? Well these little squares of heaven have gotten back into my life. I am still not eating brilliantly, however i have been reaching for these from the freezer. They are so easy to cook and many things can go with them. Easy, cheap and yummy... what more do you need?

Gel Nails:
I have written a post before about my love of the Sensationail at home gel manicure system, however last week was a real test. I had taken my gels off on the wednesday in prep for reapplication for the weekend. (this was the mistake) I then was back at work on thursday and friday, which were particularly heavy manual days for me in the warehouse. Involving driving the van and moving storage units, and a container delivery of furniture. Needless to say after these two days my nails were a mess, all snapped and dinted, with no protection. It truly does show how much the gel reenforces the nail and helps maintain the length. I now have all nails very short and even while they grow back out. Therefore note to self, never take off gel without reapplying.



Perfume:
I am still sticking with my next sparkle as being the number one I reach for in a morning. I repurchased this in august and I have been using it daily since. 



Foundation:
I have rediscovered an old love and its amazing. It is the Body shop all in one face base. This is a mix between a foundation and a powder. You can apply dry or wet depending on the coverage needed. It is a really easy and fast step for a work day makeup look. 

Sims 3:
I have become addicted again to the sims. I am doing well that I have only been on once this week. However I somehow really like to build things and set goals for my sim. (I think I'm even living out some of my real goals through her.. but shush that may make me sound like a nutter). 

Chillout time:
I have had a few days off work in a row, and although I have been bored with nothing to do, in balance I have also loved it.  Giving me time to have cloud days with catch up tv. Or going through and organising my wardrobes. No deadlines, no plans and no worry. Can I do this more often??



Pinterest:
Following on from above I have found pinterest, I love flicking through mainly, clothing, beauty and quotes. There are always things you have never thought of on there. Its an great way to spend half an hour. 

So these have been some of my favourite things to do last month.

Speak soon

Nic x

No comments:

Post a Comment