Monday 22 September 2014

Days out: Twycross Zoo

Days out: Twycross Zoo

Recently I have been for a day out at Twycross. This journey took around 1hr 30 from my house. 
On arrival we were in an overflow car park, however there looked to be more potential parking available.



I do like this zoo, I was aware that before we went this zoo if well known for their primates. You can see that they are very proud of this. They in my opinion have more primates than any other animal type.

We saw lots of monkey variations including some babies.




I loved the daydreaming orangutan


We saw the elephants including the first baby I have seen. She was gorgeous and just learning to pick up things with her trunk. 




There were lots of animals including a petting/ farm animal section.



I know many people love to see the penguins.




One of my favorites are the sloths. 



And the butterfly house including a few creepie crawlies.



There were a few cafes on site and a large children's indoor and outdoor play area.

I felt that that was enough to do for a few hours. I am probably used to zoos, and know how to work my way around,  but I feel that I could not have spent a full day being fully occupied here like I can at other attractions. 

I did very much enjoy my visit and I would recommend going. However I would say maybe link it on to other attractions in the area.

Speak soon


Nic x

http://twycrosszoo.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment