Monday 23 February 2015

A little bit of me time: What I do to relax

After a few hectic weeks stress and tension can take hold and create aches and pains.
I used to treat myself to frequent “Paid me time” in the form of either a back massage, Gel nail, or facial.
But over time this fades out of the window. If you are like me you buy the do it at home gel nail kit, and the cleanser, toner and moisturiser set for an at home facial. I even tried one of the massage chairs for at home that sit on a dining chair.  You think you have done yourself justice to give you some me time and “treating yourself” hopefully saving yourself money at the same time.

Nails:
Well I do agree that doing my nail at home etc has saved me a lot of money as the kit cost around £70 all in with polish and a set of gel nails at the salon is £20. So this made the money back in a matter of weeks. However hard I try I cannot get my nails to last longer than a week without peeling off. My salon nails always last at least 14 and usually close to 21 days. I think it is due to me having a good and bad hand etc and them spending time on the job.



Facial:
Well I do always take my make up off at night now and moisturise twice daily thanks to my dressing table. However if I hold my hands up. I never go through the whole, ex-foliate, double cleanse, toner, mask, moisturise system.  Today my skin is glowing and radiant after having an facial.



Massage:
Well I have tried few gadgets over my time but you can never ever beat a trained massage therapist. I don’t link the touchy nice massages, I prefer to know that what they are doing is actually un knotting my back (hence I usually have a sports massage) But like today I had an aromatherapy massage giving me time to relax stretch out and distress.



Yes today cost me money, and yes I had to go to the beauty salon, but this was 1hr30mins of pure relaxation and me time. I came out feeling fresh and chilled (a feeling I have not felt for a while)
I don’t know if I can justify this every month, but I shall be trying to keep this up more frequently (it had been a year)

What do you think? What do you do to relax?
Nic





No comments:

Post a Comment