Friday 13 February 2015

I have a dressing table.

Finally I have a dressing table. 
This is one thing that I have always wanted and never had room for. When I moved late last year I didn't think I had room either. However I was wrong. I needed to find something that would fit in the gap and also go with my existing furniture. I didn’t have the world’s biggest budget either.

I decided on the Argos set, as this was the best value, had the full set including the mirror and stool and could be delivered before my birthday.


I did have to wait 10 days for the delivery but the item was in stock, it was just unfortunate that they didn't have a driver in my area before. However this still came before my birthday.
On the day the driver called me about an hour before so that I could arrange to be home. He also carried the box to my front door, (a 1st floor flat). Everything was in one box making it quite heavy.



The dressing table set too about an hour to build, this could have been done by myself however some parts needed force and a friend helped. Once built I love it, the mirror looks like it is at a strange angle but this is ideal for me with the position of the light in my room to look down towards the mirror. I cannot quite get my legs under the table and have to sit slightly off to the side. But this is not a problem for the few minutes I am at it. There are 2 big deep drawers and I have stored my hair-dryer and straighteners in there.

I have my perfume box on the top.



My cleansers (so kept upright) and my brushes.



Then plastic storage boxes with sections. Face, eyes, lips, hair, nails, other (highlighters etc).



I can safely say I have used this every day, twice a day and I don’t know how I managed before. I know it sounds cliché but I like spending the 5 minutes in a morning and 5 at night doing something to take care of myself and it helps me feel better.

What do you think?

Nic 

2 comments:

  1. Love it Nicola! I love my dressing table too and I couldn't be without it though good for you for only taking 5 minutes in the morning! I think I take much much longer x x

    ReplyDelete