Monday 31 August 2015

Playing with my new lens Canon DSLR

Canon 50m prime 1.8

I am currently saving to upgrade my camera and lens collection.

I love my photography and love my job as a wedding photographer. I have recently been venturing into new areas of photography, including sports and corporate events.This bank holiday weekend I have a engagement shoot.

I have today just received this new "nifty fifty" canon lens. I was talking last week and my assistant could not believe I have never owned  prime lens. He near enough went on Amazon for me and ordered this lens. He said it would change my way of thinking of shot composure and make me things of new ideas on shoots.

I am used to a zoom lens and can be lazy I guess and take a step back to get the shot. However this lens makes me think of what I want to capture, and work and move myself to get the shot.

Tonight I have already has some success and fails. I am not used to the focusing as of yet, an have needed to take 5 images before getting the shot and in focus.

Here are a few from tonight.
(All unedited)


What do you think? Any tips

Nicola







No comments:

Post a Comment